18 Jun Case Study: Building Stable Systems for Li-Ve Tasmania
The Client: Li-Ve Tasmania
Li-Ve Tasmania focus on the delivery of care to the disability sector in Tasmania. Formed through the merger of Veranto and Liviende in 2015, and rebranded as Li-Ve Tasmania the following year, the organisation now employ 400 staff state-wide and service 280 participants.
The introduction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) in 2013 drastically altered the funding models underpinning the disability sector, requiring Li-Ve Tasmania to begin tailoring packages to meet existing and prospective client requirements.
This rapidly changing market environment set an immediate pressure for Li-Ve Tasmania to introduce new levels of business agility and flexibility in how their people, processed and technology would operate.
To implement simple-to-use, scalable and stable new technology and core databases which would enable automation and efficiency across the Li-Ve Tasmania internal and mobile teams.
The Intuit Technologies team worked with our organisation to achieve the seamless delivery of our required outcomes. From excellent project management, through to working with our team to ensure effective integration with other parts of our technology transformation, the Intuit Technologies team was with us every step of the way.
Chris Oddie CFO Li-Ve
Intuit Technologies immediately identified the need to address Li-Ve Tasmania’s aging infrastructure and end-of-life systems, leading to the reduction of corporate risk, as well as allowing them to do more for less through automation and improved access to information. In addition, this transformation was to result in future-proof technologies offering a solid foundation for foundation for the overall business transformation.
Keeping these priorities in mind, Intuit Technologies sought to host a number of capabilities which were uniquely tailored to Li-Ve Tasmania’s need for ongoing successful business transformation and resulting direct value for the business. As a result, Intuit Technologies now offers Li-Ve Tasmania:
- Tasmanian hosted private cloud facilities addressing core systems access, redundancy and scalability concerns
- Flexibility from hosted services which can quickly scale up or down as organisational requirements change
- Improved information security and broader risk management controls.
Lastly, Intuit Technologies implemented a range of solution components to meet the ease-of-use requirements for Li-Ve Tasmania, including:
- Migration from on-premises infrastructure to Intuit Technologies private cloud
- Upgrade to Windows Remote Desktop
- Migration to Microsoft Office 365
- Redesigned network for greater resilience, performance and scalability
- Upgraded security leveraging Fortinet across the data centre and edge environment
- Implementation of state-wide Lifesize video conferencing and collaboration
The Intuit Technologies team delivered a seamless technology outcome for Li-Ve Tasmania. Not only can Li-Ve Tasmania staff now offering more of their time providing the best quality of life for clients through access to real time information, but they are also greater equipped to evolve and pivot with the changing needs of the sector over the coming years.